Sunday, January 20, 2008

Thing 22 Animoto

This was so much fun. I learned so much from this site. At first when I saw what others had created, I was worried, but it was so easy. I linked my Animoto account to my Flickr account but it was taking forever so I clicked on one of the handy help features and downloaded a program that resizes picture files. This was an great help. It made my picture files much smaller and easier to upload. I didn't quite figure out how to put my own music with the video. I bet I can if I play with it a bit longer. I would love to make a short video for Children's Book Week or one to promote the book fair. The problem I see is sharing the videos with parents or staff. It is so easy to post to a blog or myspace account, but many of these web applications do not seem to go with out Contribute program for the library web pages. I see this as a big obstacle in using these awesome programs with the intent to share with students, parents, and staff. Maybe this is where we realize we have to create a myspace for the library.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Becky here from Animoto. Thanks very much for writing us up in your blog.

For uploading your own songs, you just have to make sure it's an mp3 file (no iTunes) and when in stage 2 of making a video, choose the "Upload Music" choice, as opposed to the "Choose from Our Collection." As always though, write us in at theguys@animoto.com if you ever have any problems, and we are always way attentive and try to respond in a timely manner.

As for the dilemma you posed about a lot of these applications being difficult to use in real life, we hoped to have remedied that (for our site anyway) but offering downloads, and soon the sale of DVDs through our site. But sometimes it is a wee-bit difficult to get these awesome applications applied to real world usages you're right.

If you have any other suggestions for us, to make our service more useful for you or educators at large, never hesitate to write in at:

theguys@animoto.com

or by posting on our ning board at:

http://animotoaddicts.ning.com

thanks again!

--- Becky