Sunday, January 13, 2008

Thing 16

The Sandbox wiki was super easy to use and contribute to. I took some time and looked through the entries and ideas. I added several of my own ideas. The idea of learning through play is such an inviting concept. I mean, who doesn't like to play? I think that wikis are easy enough to create and use. However, I think that the teachers on my campus will have to buy into the concept. I always hear, "I don't have time!!!" whenever I approach teachers about using more technology. Someday I hope that teachers can see that by using technology, it can actually make teaching more relevant and practical. If I was in the classroom, I could see creating a homework wiki, where students and teachers could exchange ideas. I am going to create one for our campus for book suggestions. I think that collaboration is the key to student success. Why not rely on the experience and knowledge of an entire community?

No comments: