Sunday, January 20, 2008

Thing 18 Web 2.0 Awards

I spent a whole evening looking through this list of Web 2.0 nominees. I have to thank my husband for being such a trooper and helping so much with the kids during this journey. He walks in and I am playing Guess the Google and says,"This is working?" This was one of my favorite finds and it is somewhat addictive. There are 20 Google images and you have to guess the keyword that links them all. I can see kids loving this game. You get more points for typing fast so it could actually enhance typing skills. The vocabulary ranges from simple, like fries, to more complex, like cycle. This makes it multilevel and uses visual critical think skills in a game format. I did not encounter any questionable images in my 5 games.

I read several other blogs that said that One Sentence was fun, so I checked it out. It was intriguing. What a great way to teach word choice to kids. You could also talk about foreshadowing, drawing conclusions, and great beginnings. I read several sentences, but I am still composing mine.

My husband and I love to explore new resturants, theatres, and other quirky places, so Yelp has become an instant favorite of mine. Yelp is a city guide that is composed by real people. You can search for restuarants and read reviews that others have posted. The restuarants are sorted by things like romantic, fun, downtown, ect. There are also reviews for salons and shopping. This is a great site for those who love to get out and about.

1 comment:

swanked said...

I love the music. You have given my something to shoot for with my blog.