Saturday, January 19, 2008

POST

Thing 17

Zoho is a great resource that can help teachers and students in many ways!  I have told my husband many times that there needs to be a site where I can save documents at school and pull them up at home without having the Mac/PC combatibility problem.  Now there is!  Hooray!!  I explored and found many premade templates that would be useful in the library or in the classroom.  Zoho also has wiki, spreadsheet, and presentation programs as well as word processing.  You have to register and have an e-mail account, so students might not be able to use this.  I found out quickly that many features did not work using Safari, so I switched to Firefox.  I never received the confirmation e-mail that I was supposed to, either.  cool  I adore these little happy face guys also.  They are too cute and easy to use.    There is also a comment speech bubble that i enjoy playing with.  Practical applications?  Lots!  Now you do not have to spend $100 on a pricey application to download.  Although you can download Google Gears and use the tools without being connected to the Internet.  innocent



1 comment:

abclibrarian said...

I also like the idea of accessibility. It is nice to have access to your documents no matter where you are. This also makes is easier to share documents. I wish that we could have used this when I was going through my MLS classes. All of my classes were online and we worked in groups quite often. This would have been a wonderful tool to use.