Sunday, January 20, 2008

Thing 21 Podcasts

I learned that the difference between an audio file and a podcast is that a podcast has regular episodes. You must subscribe to a podcasts to have the episodes delievered to your Google Reader or other outlet. I use iTunes so the episodes are saved there for me. I subcribed to Pottercast which discusses all thing Harry Potter. I also signed up for Radio Willow Web which is different grade levels reporting on various topics from fish to ants to sound. Of course you can put the podcasts onto your iPod, but you do not have to. I think this is a great way for students to share what they have learned in a meaningful way for an actual audience. I looked through several podcast directories and found some interesting book reviews and other library podcasts. There is so much out there that it is overwhelming. I would love to use this in the library for book reviews.

No comments: