Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thing 8

RSS is a super simple way to get the information you want delivered to you. I compare it to going to the store and getting a newspaper everyday or having it delivered to your house. Yes, there are still some of us who read an actual newspaper. I have never really read blogs before, so this experience was new for me. Professionally, RSS can help me see what other librarians are doing, reading, and discussing. Personally, I would like to find scrapbooking, parenting, and travel blogs. The most diffcult part for me was searching for blogs that interest me. Librarians could utilize this in the library by showing teachers and students how to use this service to save time and organize information on the web. This was a good experience but slightly overwhelming.

1 comment:

Ms.PaigeTurner said...

I agree with you that it can be overwhelming seeing all the RSS feeds that are available. It is hard enough to have time to read each one. Your site looks great!