Friday, November 23, 2007

My RSS Feeder: Thing #9

I have been working on this one for a week. I tried out all of the suggestions and I guess they were all ok. Technorati was a little confusing because you have to switch it from posts to feeder. My problem was finding topics I was interested in enough to read about on a daily basis. So I did what the article suggested and depended on my inner circle to guide me toward some good reading. I look at several other blogs from learning thru play and got some great information. This was the most helpful to me. I subscribed to Unshelved because it was suggested by another librarian. I like to think of myself as pretty good with technology, but I am finding that I like somethings better than others. I think this was for me very time consuming. I like to read about teaching and ideas, but I almost think I would rather pick up a book or magazine to get information. My kids see me on the computer and do not really associate that with reading and learning. I am trying to teach them that it is, but it is hard. The same thing goes when people come into my library and see me on the computer reading blog posts. I feel like the teachers think I am just goofing off surfing the web and not working. I am trying to implement what the article suggested about stealing 5-10 minnutes here and there, but I find that difficult. Once I get started, it is hard to quit. This is one of the areas I need to stretch my thinking and really grow.

I love the idea of a using feeders to get the information I want. I just need to decide what it is that I want to take the time to read. I am learning a lot about technology and myself on this journey.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Learning thru play is a new concept for many and sometimes appears to be goofing off. You'll have to educate them!