Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Thing 11 Library Thing

I was checking our another librarian's blog and saw the Library Thing link and immediately clicked on it. I set up and account which was super easy. Then I went to see what Thing was next on my list and that was it. So cool! I read so many books, kids and adult, that I always think I should keep up with what I read. This provides a perfect way to do that. I also love to see what other people have read for ideas on my next selection. I think students would love to be able to do this, also. They would really like the virtual book shelf. This is definately a tool that all books lovers will utilize often. LOVE IT!!!!

1 comment:

Librarianmarn said...

I agree. I also think kids could use it to see what else they might like. I like having the ability to write in a book I like and have suggestions given to me about other books.

I struggle with offering other titles to students when I don't read the same genre. This might give me an idea of where to go to help them find something else they would like to read.